Thursday 14 February 2013

Thankful Thursday #17

Happy Valentine's Day! I think you may guess what I am going to be thankful for today. Why, Valentine's Day of course! I hear many of you groan, grumble and mutter under your breath 'commercial scheme preying on the pockets of the lovelorn'; 'just a day to make single people feel depressed'; 'I don't need a day singled out for me to tell my loved one I love them'. I hear you!  I surely do but dog gone it quit your belly aching and show some more loving -sorry I watched Django Unchained on the weekend and have fallen in love with the Southern way of speaking. The hell you say is my favourite, as yet, untried phrase. I've not yet found someone to use it on. It will surely make my day when I do. Yes sirree Bob it surely will.

I took time today to sit back, enjoy a coffee and watch people scurrying to be some place this morning in the Brisbane CBD. After just a few minutes I couldn't hold back my smile. Normally, most people look like a smile would crack their stonewalled faces but today it was not so. Smiles, laughter, sweet gestures of love in all directions. Spots of red dotted the grey city landscape. Red Flowers, Balloons, shoes, Tops, Dress, Bags, Sunglasses, covered chocolates.  It just brightened up my day.

I'm not saying you need to buy into the commercial side of today. You don't need to spend money to show love - if you want to, please, by all the means you have in your possession go right ahead and do so. You don't even need a Lover - you just need to love someone. You can brighten someone else's day just by saying 'Hey, I love it that I have a person like you in my life!' You can tell your mother, your father, your brother or sister - 'I didn't choose you for myself but glad to have you as part of my family. I love you guys!'
I'm saying just forget the stuff you don't like about this day, the stuff that makes you grumble or feel bad about yourself and just spread some love. I know some people are very, very afraid of using that word. Afraid because sometimes it leads to rejection, sometimes it leads to greater expectations in a relationship but if you feel it I say use it! Better to be rejected than to wonder 'what if?'. Better to create expectation than disappointment. I agree only say it if you mean it but don't not say it out of fear. And when you feel it, and you mean it when  you say it, say it often to the person you got that loving feeling for. No-one gets tired of hearing that they are loved.

Now I myself am poor but in love. I have no gift or card to give my Valentine. A card is just words though and I can give those to him without paying for them and a gift, well, he does have me for his wife - how much more does one lucky guy need right?
To my Valentine- I love waking up to you every day. I love that I will get to do just that every day until I die. This is our 13th Valentine's Day but every day with you makes me feel special, loved and so very, very happy. Love you millions! XX

Happy Valentine's Day people!

P.S Grammar police - I just have to say I know that today causes you much frustration with all the neglect and misuse of your beloved Apostrophe but try not to let it ruin your day.


2 comments:

I love getting comments!