Thursday 21 February 2013

Thankful Thursday #18

Today I am thankful for Peanut Butter. The natural kind, of course. I feel genuinely sorry for all the people in the world, and there seem to be so many of them nowadays, who are allergic to nuts.

Peanut butter reminds me of my childhood. Peanut butter and apricot jam sandwiches - you couldn't go wrong. In our family by the end of the month all the more luxurious treats had been heartily scoffed but there was always a big jar of Black Cat Peanut butter in the cupboard.

These days I don't have the bread or the jam (very often anyway) but I will eat it with an apple, with celery or carrots. When I'm in need of that quick hit of energy before gym or just to avoid bad snacking when, you know, you just feel like 'something' - a teaspoon, maybe two, does the trick and feels like a treat.  Best of all - it is one of the good fats and a good source of protein. In moderation, of course.

The Americans got it right - Peanut Butter and Chocolate! Genius!  The Ice-cream masters - Ben and Jerry- have various Peanut Butter flavours in American but here we only get Clusterfluff. It'll do nicely! Thank-you boys!


So yes, today I am thankful for Peanut Butter.  I couldn't imagine a world without it.

Do you have a favourite treat food you couldn't do without?




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments!